8.19.2007

New headshots are ushering in the end times.

After intensive elective surgery and colorization.

Before.

A wide-eyed innocent poses for the uber-talented Sylvia Renick and marvels at the wondrous instrument she holds in her hands, a magical contraption that can capture his image better than any tintype. This black and white boy knows nothing of the color spectrum and believes that sunshine and happiness grow in gardens alongside rows of bell peppers and okra. In a few months, this boy will somehow convince himself that George W should be reelected.

FLASH! BANG! CHA-CHA-CHA-CHOOEY!

Three years later I've realized that I had to stop buying relaxed fit jeans, that life takes a little seduction now and then, and that the only headshot I had limited me to playing the role of the 16-year-old preacher's son. Inspired by the teachings of Queen B, I decided to upgrade my headshots in order to give myself a little versatility. Here for your consideration, dear readers (if I haven't already driven all of you away with my glacial posting), are a few results from my sitting with photographer Laura Rose.

Now it's time for reader participation! Kick ass! Vote for your favorites. Help me decide what I should use for my commercial look (casual, open, endearing) and my legit (intriguing, more serious). Also, which shot is the most smug? And which look is most likely to get me into your pants? I'll post the results if anyone actually votes. How cool is that!

"Commercial" Look

1)
2)

3) WINNER (see February 25th entry)

4) 5)

6) 7)



"Legit" Look

1)

2)

3)

4) 5)

6) 7)

8) 9) WINNER (see February 25th entry)

10) 11)

12) 13)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey man - cool headshots indeed.... cheers 4the fonecall today.... nice to catch up! if u but at all understood half of the conversation..... its the way i tell them... ha ha! i'm trying to check out flights and attempt an itinery right now so once i hv an idea i'll doublecheck with you b4 i book anything... ciao... richy mac

ChronicGrit said...

Okay David - For your commercial shots, I'm voting for 3 or 6. For legit I'm voting for 3 or 10. And #11 will get you into anyone's pants. HAHAHA! You look amazing in all these photos! It took me forever to narrow them down!
Abby

Unknown said...

Wow...Commercial = 3 and 7.
Legit = 5, 7 and 13.

My goodness, here's lookin at you, kid. Very nice.

Unknown said...

My picks are actually the same as above... commercial 3 and 7 and legit 7 and 13 (very seductive... but you know I like seeing those pearly whites haha)

Not sure how much you should consider my opinion though, seeing as I know nothing about acting, headshots and the like. However, one thing is for sure - you're without a doubt handsome in all of them!

anise said...

For commercial 1 and 5. You are more middle class and "normal looking."
For legit I would use 1 if you want to play the sweet normal guy, 6 if you want drama, 9 if you want to be in RENT, and 11 if you want to play a bad boy.
7 is the most arrogant and coincidently the one who would most likely get in somebody's pants.

Willy Z in the New Z said...

OK, I'm not in the biz. What's the difference between Commercial and Legit? Don't you always want to be legit? Tell me which you'd rather be and I'll select from that. Thanks!

Ashley said...

Commercial: #4 is the sweetest. Thsi is a romantic comedy roll with a boy-next-door quality. This is the David I love!

Legit: #6 makes you look like a Law and Order serial killer

In #7, you have a wine glass stem balanced between the two fingers we can't see. You're about to do something naughty. Something dangerous. Condom-in-pocket.

#10 makes you look smart. This is where you're saying, "Jessica Alba, you know what you have to do. You don't need me to tell you."

Looking gorgeous as always, dahling!

Kelly said...

Commercial: C4

Legit: "After intensive elective surgery and colorization."

Smug: L7

Pants: L11

*Bonus* Creepy: L2

sumnerwellshatch said...

comercial: 5
legit: 9

dont listen to anyone else. i'm right.

Ashley said...

Shit. I meant C5, not C4. And I spelled "this" wrong.